Translate

Thursday, May 12, 2011

The basic functions of government

This post is just a reminder to myself.

If our governments can't afford it all through our local taxes we pay, then I think about what we can have. Mostly these governments I think of are more local and state, than federal.

Of course, the basic question is how do we rule our selves, and our country. For example, so "we" decide on those who rule us, most recently that we have elected where I live.

And I also have, in my reminder, a question as to how effective the governments are compared to local charities in taking care of our legitimately poor. How well the deadbeats get filtered out is a local question also, to me. Where I live on the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee, we do have our share of deadbeats, who filch off the poor through local government programs.

So how all the present situation affects me is of interest. For example, will my local police and fire protection decline for other priorities in funding, like a 40 year old druggie male who will not work for a living. How about funding elections so I can at least vote? Obviously, some things are going to suffer, and I am interested in hearing how my local rulers decide their priorities.

As long as I can vote, I can live within that system.

Just what is a big deal, locally. Right now it is a voter decision, in the long run I think and hope.

Much change is coming, I think.

No comments: