Recipe of the Week: Red Mac and Cheese, by M.J.
- 1 large soup pot, large enough to easily hold 5 pounds of food
- 1 pound of your favorite pasta, cooked al dente and drained. (Do not rinse; rinsing pasta waters down the final product. You want sauce sticking to your pasta rather than water.)
- 1 – 32 ounce jar of your favorite tomato sauce, or make your own
- 1 pound of sliced American cheese
- In a large pot, heat tomato sauce, almost to boiling. Gradually, add cheese, stirring constantly. Turn the heat down or the cheese could scorch the pan.
- When the cheese is thoroughly melted in the tomato sauce, add drained pasta and mix well.
- May be served with salad and garlic bread.
All recipes are meant to be tweeked
From the Survival Blog