Translate

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Global warming and too many people



Global warming and too many people

One thing I believe is that the sun still has more to do with our weather than people do.
Now whether that means things are going to get colder or warmer, that is up to you to guess at, and assuming you know what the sun will do. I personally predict things are going to get colder, and I had better plan ahead while I can. For example, I am growing some Siberian tomatoes, just in case. It is just pretty much the sun cycle that I used.
 After all, we humans still have to eat, and the local temperature will be a big deal.
So how many is too many people on the earth. I think we all know about the vast rural areas that still exist throughout the world, and also the extreme concentration of humans in our urban areas.  That is just the way it is in 2015. The often quoted statistics are rather poor I would say.
I once had a “friend” from Texas who suggested just let things happen. She may have been right in the long run. Her idea was that the human numbers “problem” will sort itself out eventually.
Last is the old time social security idea, like dump our old people on to the “government” in order for them to survive until their own death (and save the children a lot of money, too). Of course we still have to pay taxes, too.  In the even older days we often had big families that would support Mom and Dad as best they could. And some kids did better than others in tolerating their parents into their old age, too.

No comments: