Translate

Monday, April 27, 2015

Another point of view about racial integration



Another point of view about racial integration

I very seldom hear the question about is it racial or is it tribal?

Most people in the USA tend to mix the two terms together, though they shouldn’t.

And it is so obvious to me from my experience during my long (and main) Marine Corps life that the following applies:
1)      It’s tribal mostly, and there are better tribes than others. Like the Japanese are a good tribe, and so are the still forming American tribe. And so are the German tribe, and so forth. Let me say it another way, some tribes are better than other tribes.  And Africa often has had its more than fair share of crummy tribes. But it also has a decent share of good tribes that I choose not to fight if I can avoid it. After all, Africa is a continent of tribes, and not one race, though most African slaves in the USA came from one part of Africa and some tribes.
2)      And then some individuals are better than others, or so I believe and know. That is why we have merit based promotions.  Actually I already know this in my mind. So am I to group some people because of their racial background? I don’t think so. That just seems like a dumb idea to me.
3)      It is not very racial to me given all the racial friction reported in the USA today. There are very good Negro Marines whom the bad guys do not want on our side. I think I also know this, too.
4)      Now the tribal aspect I personally believe has some points I had better listen too.
5)      The American tribe is still forming for the next century or so.  What it will turn out to be, I still wonder, and have my own hopes, for sure.  But also most likely it will be an all new world American tribe, whatever that means both today and in the future. The old time melting pot idea comes to mind.
6)      This tribe will be successful, I hope. It will be full of values and morals from its own past, too.  Often that past will reflect the English and Judeo-Christian values we know about today. It can be a path to a new world USA, and also a new World. And compared to the past, the idea of “we the people” will in the end dominate all the ensuring frictions I can imagine happening, too. For example, intervening monarchies may fail, and governments of the people may better succeed.
7)      Love conquers all. I can imagine racial intermarriage, the consequences be damned. Mostly I am thinking about their kids, and providing them a way to succeed in their own sort of way given whatever circumstances they face during their own lifetime. Nobody said integration would ever be easy.
8)      How much has the “dumbing down” of the education (vice indoctrination) of our children affected the whole process of racial integration in the new world USA. I suspect, really know, we had a slave trade in the past that benefited many of my ancestors. And the slave trade idea is not racial, but just more slave oriented from all races.
9)      So in the end, let us try, together as Americas, to form a “more perfect union” that hopefully forms as a successful American tribe, too. This idealistic idea will probably take a century or more of time to happen, but one has to start somewhere. Some can even argue they are just joining the train already underway.

No comments: