Translate

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Just a personal report


Just a personal report

       How to commute to work can be obvious to some

What is faddish these days many used to do routinely. So what's new I ask myself.

I used to live inside the Washington beltway, around 6 miles from my work.

I deliberately picked my townhouse I rented and lived in because it was near three different bus routes, plus a decent regional library.

There was a period of months when I had to be to work so early even the buses did not run. So I just jogged the six miles to work during the winter to boot. After all, as a Marine I had to stay in good physical shape, and running to work was one way to do that.

During the rest of the time, I would often jog part of the way, take the bus the rest of the way, and walk some at the end.  The details of how I did it sorted out quickly and respectfully.

And then there's biking to and from Hash House Harrier runs on Saturdays.....

So what's new I still ask myself these days?

No comments: