Translate

Saturday, December 28, 2013

It's a low life problem


It's a low life problem

       Not everyone is grown equal

For the racists good luck.

For those who want to survive as best they can, good luck, too.

I am from Atlanta, and have been through this drill, also.

For example, low life and unsupervised kids can bring down a wonderful idea like the Omni Hotel entertainment as it was originally constructed decades ago. Basically it had a theme park inside of a hotel.

That most of these kids were black adds to the racial component.

But, to me, they were at the time just low life people who eventually brought down a good idea. Mostly it was overcrowding in my perception. It was also just a magnet for young black and unsupervised kids.

And I am an affirmative action fan, and believe in the diamond in the rough idea, too. Heck, I have even taught at Atlanta University, a predominately black liberal arts college consortium. A lot of well off black parents got ripped off, too, or so is my opinion. I personally have met some smart kids from this college. And I do want to exploit all the human potential in America.

But also, and in America, it does not take a village to raise a child. It takes two people to raise a child. And raising a child is usually a pain in the tail to so many. All the Bill Cosby jokes seem accurate to me. Maybe the idea of "it takes a village to raise a child" works in Africa, but I don't believe it works very well in America.

Hence the original Omni Hotel in Atlanta went down. What a shame.

No comments: