Translate

Sunday, July 29, 2012


The Bad People Factor
      Not too long ago I would have said the "bad guy factor", but now days where I live there are a bunch of female bad people, too, like I have to factor them in, too. Drugs and alcohol are often complicating factors, too.
            And I like movies, also. But it does seem more Hollywood movies in the recent past tend to glorify the bad people, kind of like glorifying the noble savage.
            Yet I live in the real world, and thus have to plan for the bad people that might adversely affect my life and property.
            Now I am pretty sure there have always been bad people around, so that is nothing new, like that is just a fact of life. What gains my attention is that it sure seems like the percentage has increased in the last decade or so. I offer as evidence two things: 1) the yard dog night activity where I live is way up;  2) the amount of condoms and empty beer cans on my property is noticeable (at least the boys and girls are practicing safe sex). Of course, in the case of the yard dogs, it could just be the local wild critters are moving in on the Compound. I don't know for sure.
            Now let me add a perspective, About a year ago I was bragging to my doctor's wife about my efforts to block access to this place. Well, she responded that that might be why couples were now "getting it on" behind "their" medical building like at 1400 local time, and that did upset a lot of the people in the building. All this in Monterey, Tennessee.
            So I do try live like a hermit on this wonderful land in east Tennessee, modern style in my case (I still watch some TV off of DISH satellite); but now fear more for my life and property than even ten years ago.
            So now I feel the need to take extra precautions, to include patrolling. And I sure am glad the USMC has a Basic School and made me attend for six months in my time, because decades later I am using many of the skills I was taught, to include first aid, and basic defense.
            And all this on my own land.
            I'll conclude this post on one more perspective.  Having lived around the world, where I now live in Putnam County, east Tennessee, things seem to be reasonably balanced between budget problems, local priorities, and the application of all this. While times may get even harder, this is probably not a bad place to live. I suspect much the same is happening elsewhere, too. So good on a lot of local leaders who help a person like me dealing with the bad person factor I have to deal with. I appreciate the work, pay taxes for it, and say thank you.

No comments: