Translate

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hemlocks Humor
     Yesterday was “interesting”.
     My 17 year old daughter and two friends discovered a trespasser camp site on the place (just under a square mile), and I verified it later.
     It was vicinity of the gate the McClure men put in 10 or so years ago near Hwy 70 and the TVA line. Said another way, it was around 80 yards from my water storage tank, and around 700 yards from the nearest outhouse. It was around 400 yards from where I live. Last, it was in the woods, but visible from the TVA power line, and Hwy 70 if one knew where to look.
     Well I even took a local County cop out there, and he agreed with it all. He said he would set up an ambush site to try catch the bad guy, or person. He also agreed with the idea of screwing with the trespasser.
     Yet I did have to clean up the campsite, in his opinion.
     So I “consulted” with the local Camp Monterey female Junior Counselor’s staying here during a short break, and their idea was to drop the tent, and even take off the roof to let it rain on the trespasser, which even the local County cop agreed with, and my USMC training agrees with, like mess with the mind of whoever the trespasser is. I even cut the bug netting to make it difficult to sleep in a wet sleeping bag with mosquitoes and nats biting you or buzzing around your ears.
     In the meantime, I brought back the tent top to wash, as I will now use it more to my benefit. That was not a popular decision, but so what?
     Anyway, just a report of life up in the Hemlocks yesterday.
     It’s all kind of humorous, to me.
     Last, the government forecast up here is for 60% percent chance of showers all week, which I hope works in my case.

Addendum:
     The tent was a commercial 4 man tent, but I suspect only one person was using it.  And the camp site was messy by my standards.
     The girls were on an ATV on the way to go swimming in a pond. To find this camp they had diverted off the regular path to the pond. Instead of swimming, they came back to the Compound. Bummer on my own land.
     There was no obvious bathroom area in the vicinity.
     I don't know if the trespasser was one or more, nor male or female, nor where they were from. Nobody was there around 1200 local time.
     The Hemlocks is on the Cumberland Plateau in east Tennessee.
     Camp Monterey is around 15 miles from here.
     My yard dogs were extra active last week during the dark, which probably means local critters were around the Compound, but I don't really know.

No comments: