Translate

Saturday, May 19, 2012


Flowers of the Forest

       Flowers of the Forest is a bagpipe lament for the dead.

            This post is a lament for our American culture as it has developed.

            Now my lament is not because of demographics, but rather a lament for shifting values that will change my Family's life for the worse.

            Now our children will probably have to live like our ancestors lived over a century or more ago, a proposition that turns making each generation better off  based on the efforts of the present generation obsolete for the time being. I especially lament that many millions of Americans will probably die miserable deaths during this time of turmoil.

            I don't think this had to happen, but it is predictable it will happen. There are precedents for thinking this way, like the Naval Academy graduating a class early in February 1941 because most could see a war coming to the new world USA.

            Now we new world USA humans are resourceful, so those that survive this coming turmoil will be better off in the end, I sure hope.  Better off in the end means being happy, to me, and with hope for their Family's future. And just what their quality of life and living standards will be, nobody knows right now, but most likely less than what our American culture has built up to today. Hence my lament.  

No comments: