Translate

Monday, October 31, 2011

Voting with our pocket book

No matter what anyone in our leadership class says about things today in the USA, all of us know about our pocket books. And we vote that way, as in what we buy, or don't buy. And many also vote with their feet, as in where they choose to live, work, and raise a family. Again, no one from our leadership class (who I used to deal with, and they are often fine people, too) can convince most otherwise. And along those lines, the recent Euro deal that causes many to take a 50% bath (like invest $100...get back $50) is widely reported in the USA as a good deal, though I suspect those taking a bath would not agree, as in voting with their pocket book.

One can imagine much friction and change coming to the western societies.

Thank goodness a place like the new world USA has the best of all worlds (like the West and the East combined), but even things have to sort out here, too. For example, I think many people in the new world USA want change (the federal vote for President in 2008 being an example), and that thirst and goal is still around. And by golly, the change will happen, be it pocket book, moving, or voting, and yes, maybe even a revolution.

It sure looks like it is going to take change to the old status quo to make that happen, like the two dominant national parties will decline as a third party arises. Yep, this is an exciting time, comparable to the 1776 revolution period, though our own version in this decade, like from 2010 to 2020. My thoughts are historical, that is while the times and technology certainly has changed, we humans have not changed that much.

So in conventional wisdom from our USA past, one might plot a political campaign like a military campaign. But lying does not win battles when things like our pocket books, and integrity, come into play.

So I have made up my mind that I will enter the political process, as much demand that makes on my time. And along the way, I just want to be happy for me and my Family.

No comments: