Translate

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Leading from the front

Most parents know this idea. Sometimes it comes down to tough love. The idea suggests most think our being is both inherited from our ancestors, and also conditioned by our upbringing. Along the way mother nature gets a vote, too. Most think boys and girls are different, too, and it begins at birth. Later mother nature's hormones will kick in, too.

If you buy this thought, then good policies help the "conditioning by our upbringing". Said as an example, government programs in the USA that promote families probably help our society.

Here's one example...the recent Caribbean Festival unrest in D.C. this last weekend. Other examples abound, like flash mob stuff around the USA that includes criminal action, and even just such common criminal behavior as beatings and robberies in Chicago.

Mostly many observers will think things like the blacks are lawless.

I think otherwise. Mostly I think these people need simple leadership, and standards taught by their parents. This idea is way beyond some government solution at the near term practical level. This is at a parental level, or a leadership level; and good policies and practices can promote this better behavior.

Examples abound, but how about promoting the family as a unit. I am old enough to report to the readers that many decades ago, this was a given, but now it is not. It seems our American culture and those we have elected in the last decades have changed all this, over time of course.

For those that still maintain a family unit, good on ya, since the USA needs these kind of people these days.

And Lord knows, such people still exist, in vast numbers it seems.

I am a retired Marine, and I can report there are plenty of sharp African-Americans who the "enemies" don't want on our side. Said another way now that I am retired, while recruiters can pick and choose the best, I think we as Americans still need to promote good policies that benefit USA society overall.

One little bit of humor, to me. I went thru the civil rights soft revolution in the USA decades ago (like I was in the 9th grade). Even back then I thought it would take generations for change to really happen as regards racial equality, but I never thought it would affect me.

Now the times have changed, and this includes me. I guess I need to die off for others to take charge. Fine.

But I sure hope others will step up to the plate in their time and lead from the front.

It is so obvious to me that good policies and practices will help our USA society in so many ways. The results will probably take decades to take effect, but one has to start somewhere.

No comments: