Translate

Monday, June 27, 2011

A way to go forward

We in the new world USA have advantages...let's exploit them, like be ourselves. Said another way, let's reinforce success, vice failure. Seems pretty common sense to most, but then some fellow Americans still haven't come to this conclusion. It does happen, including to our political leaders at all levels, it seems.

How about we practice what we preach. Good policies will ultimately be rewarded. In this idea one must think long term, like one or two decades, vice short term like yesterday or next year. And I think to do this we will have to elect like minded individuals at all levels (like school board, city, county, state, and federal), and they in turn will hire the fellow Americans that can make all this happen. Anyway, this is a course of action that can work, I think. And in this scheme the goal is our future, like our kids' future. Forget us, I would say.

In my case, I expect to lose half the wealth I have come up with over decades. So any change sounds better than that. That is the present status quo, in my mind.

And what do you expect in this present day roller coaster type of ride as to our future?

For me, the times they are a changin'. And I hope I can have some influence in the process. And I sure hope the new world USA is a best case example of what we citizens will do to enhance our kids futures in this new world USA.

The process is typical for a country as big as the USA. This is not rocket science, in the old time vernacular. And this process should go forward at all levels to enhance our kids and our futures. We can make it happen, whatever we decide by our votes.

Last, I just hope we can still vote, vice something like anything else. I really don't won't to take up arms just to force or suggest my opinion on others. Hence this sales pitch and post.

And why the sales pitch. Well, I would prefer we citizens influence our future than those who might loan us money in both the short term, and the long term. After all, they have to make a living, too. But I don't want them in charge of my future.

Who knows, maybe they won't even loan the new world USA money for a while, be it the near term, or the long term.

Back to things in perspective. Many, and most new world USA citizens still have jobs, and do a mighty fine job of paying their taxes at all levels. So, things in perspective again, how about we adjust down to what we can pay for, which is pretty significant. Now that is a way to go forward, too.

No comments: