Translate

Monday, June 06, 2011

Culture and feminism

It's kinda funny reading the national press about our culture here in the new world USA, especially about feminism.

Even today I have been presented with three things to challenge me.

1) Women make up half the human world, and want to be treated equally. Even political correctness (PC) pretty much supports this idea.

2) I saw an advertisement of a young female dressed seductively (and on purpose to appeal to males and impress fellow females, I think), so I also think men and women are still different. The dichotomy is real, as much as many don't want to talk about it. But we can have it both ways, if we want to.

A) I have been a military recruiter, and there are plenty of American females who will accomplish the mission, and make my quota easier to make, by the way.

3) Who pees in the public pools more? Even today, I don't think anyone knows, though there are many guesses. My guess is more males pee in the pool than females, but I don't really know.

So the subject also comes up, to me, about affirmative action. Having taught at Atlanta University, I pretty much believe in the "diamond in the rough" idea. But I have also observed kids and their parents being taken advantage of by this idea. After all, who wants a lawyer or doctor who advanced by an idea and not being competent. Or how about a Morris Brown graduate who can't even qualify to be a Private in the US Marine Corps. Watching him cry in front of me was especially memorable. He was a good guy who got screwed, in my opinion.

So here is hope for our new world USA. We citizens of our future will change it, one way or the other. And by citizens I mean those willing to work for their future, and their children's future. Is that human enough?

No comments: