Translate

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Vote locally

It is the local votes that affect my life, and my families lives, most often.

Now that hard times are coming, here is a chance to affect our lives, like who we vote for and the priorities they (those we elect) assign to their future budgets. For example, do they continue the status quo as best they can, or give priorities to those who still pay taxes. In my case in Putnam County in Tennessee and the City of Monterey, can I expect similar police and fire protection, for example, over feeding deadbeats through the food stamp program. Or are the old status quo's still applying to me and them in their decisions. Now this is a voting issue, to me.

Now these kinds of decisions may be tough to those used to dispensing funds, vice deciding priorities and defending their decisions. Like I said, vote locally, since, especially, the times they are a changing.

Having been a Marine, there is a tradition I tried to follow of not voting so as to be able to say I serve the USA Commander in Chief. Now that I think I, or my Family, may die early because of politicians, has changed my attitude. I just hope I can vote all the time, and have it count. If that fails, well, there are other alternatives in the new world USA. Lord knows it does not come to that. That idea is probably the best reason I still appreciate where I live. Now I have lived around the world, too.

So vote locally, I would say. And see what happens. Some places will be different from others, and let the voters sort that out, too.

Much change is going on, thank goodness.

The next decade or so will be interesting from an historical point of view. Will the new world people in the USA actually be able to vote to affect their future, or will other means arise? I don't know right now.

No comments: