Translate

Friday, June 03, 2011

The inmates are not in charge

Of course, it depends on where you live. I live on the Cumberland Plateau in east Tennessee, USA, and this is my report to you. I am age 63, by the way.

The philosophical part is "are we humans all equal"? My opinion and vote is no. Many just need leadership, and behavioral standards to comply with, like work for a living and suffer the normal consequences of responsible life. Now I think most know we humans always have a criminal class around us, but there seems to be another class arising, at least around here.

It has taken decades to happen, but in my mind it is certainly going on.

Here locally the scourge of drugs is a factor. And almost all locals are "white", by the way. Nothing like hearing the old time movie "Jeremiah Johnson" in French, by the way at 0100 in the morning by some drug induced fellow who I tried to help by my charity means. He has since been kicked out since he chooses not to work, but has since moved on to a better option, like local sex and food. And my local government and food banks continue to feed him, I think.

Well, the times they are a changing, in the old Bob Dylan song vernacular. Where ever you live, I encourage you to "change things" in your own way, of course.

Like the title says, the inmates are not in charge. You are.

And more responsible humans will have to act, in their own way, too.

No comments: