Translate

Sunday, January 02, 2011

What are we paying taxes for?

This post is about all our local taxes, like city and county.

Now from where I live, sanity still survives. In other words, things like public safety, clean water, fire protection, waste water treatment, and public schools still enjoy a priority in the budget process. Other lesser priorities may fall.

Recently, like the last few decades, we locally have become rich enough to have our local public governments, and those we elected, do so many nifty other things.

And I think, locally again, most of us like what happened. This even includes when local government got into the charity business, and that was well thought of, decades ago, of course. Even we voters tolerated deadbeat types abusing the system. After all, we all want to take care of their kids, even if they get abused or taken advantage of by mostly their moms, financially speaking. Just go to any local flea markets to observe all the obviously chubby tattooed and pierced people, driving vehicles nicer than what I can afford, and I start to think things are rear-end backwards. Even locally observe an obviously chubby gal (with two kids by two fathers) who doesn't even know her present boyfriend's name. Now that is pretty bad, but is presently happening (like with tax payer funding) where I live on the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee.

In other words, there are alternatives as to how to we help our poor, and even our deadbeats, who continue to breed children, too. In my case I will just use tough love, and also vote! These days I suspect that approach is not popular.

My guess is the future vote will count, a lot! I sure hope so!

Those we have voted in locally during our recent decades "old time" past will probably pass by the way side if they don't change to represent today's voters. Only time will tell, of course.

And all I wanted to do was call for help if I need it.

No comments: