Translate

Friday, January 14, 2011

The modicum of change

OK, I have used unusual words in this title, though they are not unusual to me. This post is right from the heart, and my education from the past in expressing it. I am age 62 and been to many schools, including the school of hard knocks.

Anyway, to me modicum means mostly rational thought, presented in a reasonable sort of way so as not to offend. And human thought, mostly about change, just tries to do reasonable ideas about change, since most humans don't like change, mostly human change. I think we will accept mother nature's change as it affects us, mostly because it will happen anyway. It is the human element that get's to so many of us.

So I think much change is going on. This is pretty normal and usual, I think. And I also think we New World USA citizens have a lot of influence about our human future.

What appears different today, is the western influence, mostly in people of their lands getting the vote, or some variation of it. In other words, the era of dictators and tribal leaders and warlords will probably decline in the next 50 years or more, and much friction will occur in the meantime. After all, it takes generations for change, and to me a generation is about 20 years. Some of these old timers simply just have to die off. In the interim, I suspect many may go with dictators, in the short term, like 20 years or so. Think like Nazi's is an example of this.

And the old time present status quo people (some who govern in their own way, like in Tunisia for 23 years) won't go down quietly; hence there will be much friction in the interim.

Now let's see how it all sorts out in the next 50 years? After all, we humans have a lot in common, too. And we all hope for our children's futures, and none of us want to be cold and hungry.

That is the great hope that modicum of civility may bring, I hope.

No comments: