Translate

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Just an "Uncle Harry" report

It could even be called an "Aunt Rachel" report.

The principle, or idea, is pretty much the same. We learn a lot from our ancestors still alive, and too often what we learn is not taught in school.

Hence most of us concerned "elders" do care about our descendents, and are willing to share it, if asked.

Today I just to want to share one story and maybe a lesson learned.

I have listened to a young man (age 24) about getting a bad cold (worst in his lifetime he reports). And he even went to the local doctor, who prescribed some antibiotic to help cure him. He also reported he was using a locally sold, and marketed product, called a neti pot.

Now that got my attention, since as an old guy, like a grandfather type, I actually know about this. The idea is like thousands of years old, and works. I myself divide all this treatment idea into two parts. First is the treatment, which is pretty much salt water conditioned for our human bodies; and the second part, which is pretty much flooding the sinuses to help them clean the body of the disease.

Anyway, who I am to argue with a marketing campaign that works these days. And this young man and his relatives will pay. As long as it works, that sounds OK to me. And as long as he introduces saline solution into his nasal stuff, that sounds OK to me, too.

The other alternatives work too, by the way. Like try Neo-Synephrine ( a 50 year old idea) or even more modern Oxymetazoline ( like in the last few decades).
They just work for shorter periods of time.

No comments: