Translate

Sunday, February 05, 2012

The value of the sports experience

There are things we learn in school, and also out of school. Sports is such an example of out of school learning that parents can do.

And there are many different kinds of sports, which I think we all know about. I summarize them as team sports, and individual sports. Most involve competitions, too. And there are many levels, too, like local, high school, college, and professional.

The part I like, and want to report to parents, is that a lot of our kids in sports have time to think about competition, and how they will do in their sport, while they are going through the competition. They learn a lot about themselves, I think. I did.

That is a good learning process, in my mind. Mostly it helps prepare them for later in their life.

No comments: