Translate

Thursday, February 09, 2012

The light bulb finally goes on

This is just a report from where I live in east Tennessee and on the Cumberland Plateau.

I know a fellow (age 41) who will not work, and lives off of the government benefits, to include food bank support. Now he does denigrate himself a lot, too, but accepts that, as well as do his female friends.

And I also know a similarly aged fellow who reports he draws a government check, all the while his wife works at a local factory, a hard working high school graduate in my mind.

Both males are obviously not starving. And they are breeding, too, like having kids.

What astounds me is that all these government benefits, and those government workers who administer all this, live off of our taxes and our work to pay them our taxes.

Now many other voters are recognizing all this. Yep, the light bulb has finally has gone on.

I warned my 41 year old friend that all this system he was used to in his life was probably coming to an end, but he simply did not believe me, and pretty much blew me off.

After all, what's wrong with my 41 year old male friend working for a minimum wage job at Burger King? It was his choice, after all. And I do like eating at Burger King, too.

1 comment:

jake said...

Your idea coincides with mine.and I think it's better.

______________________________________________________________

Rc Hobby|Rc Helicopter|Rc Helicopter Parts