Translate

Monday, April 19, 2010

Progressives in Putnum County, Tennessee

Things have changed up here on the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee. And we locals have elected these present local rulers, and their hired minions. While this is a pretty nice rural county in the USA, I think our elected leaders and their hired minions have become local rulers, vice local representatives.

Of course, this is a voter decision, in the end.

So what is important to us, the local county citizens?

Now I have my opinions, and most others who read this post have their opinions.

I just hope, and will vote this way, is to do the basics, like security (police), fire protection, clean water, and waste water stuff. Even public education of our children is also a big deal. All the other things our local governments have done in the past may pale, I think.

What I find interesting these days in local politics and rules is that local trespassers can complain to the police after I catch them invading my land, and along the way doing vandalism and damage to my land, and then complain to the police that I am being a pain.

Such is living in a progressive rural county in Tennessee. And I am still paying local property taxes for this “treatment”.

Just who is being in charge, or even represented?

I am just glad I can vote.

No comments: