Translate

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I can be worried, too

When decades of our past elected governments passing laws and employing practices that ultimately threaten our collective well-being, like our lives, then the times will change.

And all I want to do is to be represented. Yes, me, my family, and my neighbors.

Now my worry is way past the present economic hardship period we as a USA are experiencing. Even our federal government still collects over $4 trillion in taxes these days that is then dispensed as benefits; but on top of that the federal government chooses to dispense another $2 trillion in benefits it must borrow to get.

What happens if humans won’t loan the federal government the money? Now I am worried. Even in WWII, the USA had to have war bond drives to get Americans to loan the federal government the money to prosecute a war, which obviously was in our self interest.

The consequences then, and now, both worry me.

The brouhaha in Arizona as reported is a symptom of why to be worried. Lawlessness and even marauding murder and kidnapping have come to Arizona. It has taken over a decade for the consequences of the past laws and practices to cause the local people in Arizona to protect themselves as best they can these days.

What worries me is to hear our President say he will use the powers of the federal government to try overturn the decisions of the local people in Arizona. And it worries me that there are already federal laws that only have to be used to do the same kind of thing. It worries me that the oath the President took in front of the whole nation did not mean much, to him.

Now I own and live on about a square mile of land on the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee. Now this does not make me an Arizona rancher in the border lands, but the idea that when I am out and about on my property that some illegal or other trespasser can kill me worries me. Especially what worries me is that no one in any government will enforce the present laws.

Now I also worry than no past or future law can be enforced. Has it come to this? Can we actually have laws, and practices, that allow, actually, promote anarchy. Or even worse, can we choose to ignore any present law or practice to behoove what any government person at whatever level thinks is appropriate. I am worried this is going on.

Less this worry seem extreme, just review what is going on in England in regards the piracy going on off the coast of East Africa. Here the human rights of the pirates are being respected over the rights of the humans on the invaded and captured ships. Hence, if I were a captured pirate, I would rather deal with a British warship than say, an Indian warship.

I also worry that the present USA Federal government, which represents us around the world, may in the end, use ideas and practices that may get a lot of us killed, to include us, or most importantly, our family members and local friends. Along the way so many more world citizens may also suffer death, and other such mayhem.

Now is my worry a consideration in how I vote? I know so.

No comments: