Translate

Monday, April 26, 2010

Preparing meals is a good deal

Now many in the west these days are not trained about preparing food for their family. Now probably more females in the east are also trained by their mothers to prepare a meal (what an advantage). Mostly it means cooking the local foods.

In either case, any meal preparer learns, and follows their own customs.

The normal dilemma is simple. How do we feed our family, mostly our kids.

The obvious dilemma is the amount of food, and then on a cascading down slope the caloric value, then the taste value, then the health value.

Now most will think all this discussion is silly, and they may be correct.

Along the way, there are fads, like cooking in boiling liquids that add to the flavor of whatever we have prepared and put on the sticks. I remember one style was called “fondue”, and it was OK, especially with some wine added in!

Now here in the west (the USA) where I live, I still thank my mother’s mother for teaching me and more importantly inspiring me about cooking . Now she did it her way, and I can do it my way these days. Most importantly to me, it is her ideas that carry on.

And of course the methods of cooking have evolved, too. I even have options of microwave ovens, or even heat ovens I can set the temperature on, and trust it.

And of course I can even trust chilled food and drinks that even kids may carry to their school. Here in the USA west, I can live like an old time royal person in either the east, or the west.

This is a good deal for those that can or want to cook.

No comments: