Translate

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A Hemlocks’ Story



A Hemlocks’ Story

Just finished doing basic cleanup after XXXXX’s visit with her Family.
They did a bunch of trash cleanup, too.
She has four girls (now 14, 13, 12, and 8), and they are like letting yard dogs into the house.
Now I think I know people OK, but the 8 year old astounded me with some of her wisdom
Santa visited last night during a recon for Christmas, and today the yard had been messed up with trash.
I thought it might Santa trash, but she said it was yard dog trash when I confronted her.
And Santa left her a bunch of candy which she was kind of one-way about in sharing it with granddaddy (me). Now she did share some this morning, and I too like candy.
She and her 12 year old sister busted their tails cleaning out the playhouse. I thought it was immaculate for this old man.
But right before I inspected it at her request, we (her Mom and I) put some fake glow in dark dog poo and fake vomit in the playhouse. So I used my normal Marine and male reaction of being grossed out and embarrassed that such an indignity could happen.
Hey, I got to apply some of my Marine training in this case.
She accused her mother and I of setting her up.....like can you believe that?

Last the roasted oysters XXXXX made (from fresh local (my guess is around Hilton Head) SC sources he has) were very good. They were served with cocktail sauce and just raw horseradish which is sinus medical for many of us, and it was for me. The local potatoes and garlic bread and homemade wine to wash it all down sure helped, too.

Bottom line: maybe kids are more cynical at age 8 than I remember being when I was age 8.

No comments: