Translate

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

More on septic tanks


More on septic tanks

Third, I had to weigh in on something that was mentioned in a letter about the septic tank article. One reader brought up “not flushing any toilet paper” and to throw the toilet paper in a trash can instead. I feel the need to point out the obvious; if we’re truly in a TEOTWAWKI situation, eventually toilet paper is going to run out, probably much quicker than any of us would like. I’ve read articles of people that even now do not use toilet paper in the interest of saving a lot money and, of course, storage space. (No, admittedly, I’m not one of them.) Instead, these people use rags to clean themselves, and then they put the soiled rags in a small can with a lid next to the toilet for storage until cleaning. It seems to me that this is a more realistic solution compared to using up valuable storage space for an item that, let’s face it, is very nice to have but we could survive without.

That’s my two cents from the “left coast”. Thanks for everything, especially the knowledge! – MJ

From the Survival Blog

 

No comments: