Translate

Friday, October 31, 2014

Food stories


Food stories

Fresh food from the sea is always enjoyed by me. Even the garlic bread and cheap red wine came across pretty good, too.


 

Among my favorites is just wrapping a shrimp in a wonton skin, cooking it by deep frying it or steaming it or broiling it, and serving it with some kind of wasibi and soy and maybe ginger mixture.

 

Plan B in Monterey (east Tennessee) is to use Pillisbury dough wrapping because I can get it here, and wrap whatever I am in the mood for. For example, I might wrap a mushroom, wrap it in Pillsbury pastry dough (I can get it here as croissant dough), and serve it in a dip of my making.

Even fake butter and garlic sounds pretty good right now.

Dang, and I was already planning on going to the grocery store tomorrow AM.

 

Last, I tried just heating some Dollar General Store cream of mushroom soup with a little half and half, and dipping some soft garlic bread in it.  In the end, I liked it better than the “Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Soup” I made a few days earlier.

I figure with all of your seafood choices, one can substitute about any kind of seafood, and go from there.

 

By the way, my mother, JoJo, I always thought of as a crummy cook. Now for company she could make some pretty good stuff, but only if there were leftovers would I ever even get to try whatever it was leftover. Recipe’s from Trader Vic’s (mostly bacon wrapped things) were always a hit.

 

No comments: