Translate

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The silliness of it all

It doesn't have to happen this way, but it is.

What do I mean by "silly"? To me it means where I live a lot of people are going to go cold and hungry, and probably worse, like die from malnourishment, disease, or crime from humans just trying to survive their criminal way. And we humans did it to ourselves, mostly by voting in people who are bringing our coming problems down around our and their heads, usually with the best intentions in their mind. Of course this is multiplied by the world financial problems, too, ultimately human caused, too (and in my opinion).

Now, in fairness, some places have elected some politicians (at many levels) that are trying to change things another way. Good on 'em.

Unfortunately, where I live, the time for arguing till I am blue in the face is over, and now the consequences are beginning to kick in already. I, myself, am in that planning mode now, as embarrassing and disappointing as it may be about accepting reality.

But life and society in the new world USA is not over...maybe being changed, resurrected, or whatever.

So wherever you live, consider what is valuable and important to you, and reinforce that by whatever means, including voting at all levels if one still can, or otherwise influencing your political leaders, who also will be cold and hungry, and have families, too.

Now change, to me, usually means changing our elected leaders, but it also means reinforcing those leaders we want to represent us. In this idea is the coming future, I think.

And hopefully, we begin to take the silliness out of the equation. I myself still think forced air heat and running water is privilege, not a "right". So good on all the people and their families who work so hard to make this happen! And let us elect people who will support them, and the benefits they provide to we common people.

None of this is automatic.

No comments: