Translate

Friday, January 20, 2012

On the nature of change

I think most Americans want change, mostly in those elected, vice a change in the system of government we use. This idea applies locally (like city, county, and school boards), state, and federally, I also think. And I think most want to use the vote to make this happen, vice a civil war, which even I detest, though it does happen in human history.

If you buy this line of thought, let me go forward. A lot of Americans voted for change in the federal elections of 2008, and they still want change.

Unfortunately, Obama at the federal level is not the one. We do have other choices.

Now a lot of people may disagree with me. So be it. And hopefully at my age going on 64, I don't even have to live with the consequences, assuming I die in my time. Others can live with their consequences.

But the nature of change continues, as always.

That we are still the new world USA really appeals to me.

No comments: