Translate

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Korean noodles are pretty good

What prompted this post is this recent open source report:
It (North Korea) also accepted the South Korean Red Cross' offer of $8.3 million in aid, which includes 5,000 tones of rice, 10,000 tons of cement and 3 million packs of instant noodles.

I myself like Korean noodles, and included spices. I suspect most of those I buy in Tennessee these days are made in California, by the way. Either way, I enjoy them.

Now I used to call my father a cheap skate. Now I call him thrifty. Now he grew up during the 1930’s Depression in Tennessee, so obviously he ate enough to live even then. I don’t think it was on Korean noodles, though.

Now I also think the Korean noodles I eat today are made from wheat flour, in the end. But I still like rice, and we grow a lot of that in the USA, too. Rice with spices and some kind of made in Wisconsin Soy Sauce seems to go over well, at least to me. Now also some Japanese Wasabi mixed into the soy sauce is prime, to me. It will also probably clear you sinuses.

Just don’t forget there are many other sources of starch and even gluten. Mother nature makes acorns and nuts, for example. But for now I would rather enjoy the convenience of going to the local grocery store and buying more convenient already made things, like wheat or corn flour, or even refrigerator and freezer biscuits.

No comments: