Translate

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Suppose Americans don’t vote for your idea?

There could be, and probably are, a myriad of reasons. The usual one I hear is the generalization of how we Americans think as a nation. That is so silly, since this is still a country of states, albeit, a United States.

I hear we “Americans are always in a hurry” for example. Yet I know, and I suppose many know, that there are many individuals who are not in a hurry, wherever they live.

Another I hear is the idea that “I know better”. Now that scares me because it suggests ignoring the American vote in favor of some other way. This suggests dictatorship and royalty type of things to me, all un-American.

What does still impress me is the idea of societal and peer pressure. It actually still exists in the USA. The usual example I think of is our treatment of our animals. Most will accept bad treatment of humans, but never the poor animals.

Now whether it is a urban vs. rural thing, or more likely some more esoteric idea like the environment, that is up to the voter in the end. I think most of us still have ties to the land, and enjoy it.

So fellow Americans know how well things are going here, environmentally speaking; just research child birth problems from environmental problems in China, for example. Things can be worse, elsewhere, as it is in China these days.

Back to the title of this post.

Most Americans will vote with their pocket book and their self-interests, to include, environmental. And of course that varies depending on where they live. This idea appeals to many because it just lets the voters be in charge. After all, it is their vote.

1 comment:

just a marine said...

My Google translator suggests the following: Gold daughter, as a promise quarter cloth