Translate

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Once a lightweight, always a lightweight

Not too long ago (before the 2008 elections) one of my heart doctors asked for my opinion about Barack Obama. I pretty much said he was a lightweight we would never elect. Boy, was I wrong. I pointed out the obvious, that eventually humans will quit loaning us money as a country, and then the proverbial poo poo will hit the fan. Now it is closer than I thought. Back in 2009 I predicted, using a Moody’s forecast, it would be around 2016. Now I think it is much closer, like 2012.

Now in fairness, most of Americans wanted change, and voted that way in most elections, to include the President and our Congress members. The past record of performance and results by both reigning national parties is pretty dismal in 2010, I think. Conventional wisdom says we voted out the Republicans in 2006 and later in the expectation of change. Now the Democratic party has had its chance; and many are disappointed. Most still think change is a big deal, like an objective. Loyalty to any of the status-quo parties is secondary to loyalty to our Country, and our families.

Now again the proverbial conflict between idealism and practicality comes to the for-front. I’ve heard it said another way. Some humans want to “expand their mind and ideas”; and some aspire to doing the basic day to day ruling of a country as large as the USA. As always, and mostly because we are humans, there are always new problems to solve. And sometimes it takes a federal government; though it usually takes a more local governments, like a state, county, city, or school board.

So now I am worried about my future life and my descendents futures? Why? Because here in the USA we have elected so many lightweights who will do their bit.

And they may not be up to the challenges. Now whether it is ignorance, do goodism, or other more egotistical things; I don’t really care too much of what they try do.

In the end, humans will predominate, one way or the other. I just hope my descendents get a chance. Now that is a reasonable objective.

2 comments:

just a marine said...

I think the preceding translates as: Can impart knowledge, wisdom can not. Each person must be his own.

just a marine said...

I think the preceding translates as: Unless a tree in spring bloom, otherwise the result is unlikely in the fall.