Translate

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I’m proud of my local county government

The local main roads are as well kept up in the winter snows as one would hope. And all this took tax money and the efforts of so many county employees, and the equipment we paid for and they maintained. Good on ‘em.

I mention my pleasure and pride because all this good stuff from a county government costs money, as well as the hard work of so many fellow Americans. And now that times are hard, I expect less; the winter is only half way through. Welcome back 100 years, in the worse case point of view.

And right now I have rural electricity, and my lights are on, my satellite TV stuff works, my electric refrigerator and freezer work, and I can make frozen pizza in my electric oven later today for my family and even friends, and the public schools are open.

Now I do have a wood stove insert and also run off a now rare in America hydraulic ram using local spring water. One could just say I was Y2K ready then, and am now in 2010. And the water spring sources are also from local areas, I think, and hope. I have done the science, and think I am correct. I sure hope so.

Less I sound like some kind of survivalist nut, I just want to brag about my fellow Americans in my local county government who are doing OK for us, I think.

Good on ‘em in Putnum County, Tennessee.

No comments: