Translate

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The coming frictions

Only we humans could make these situations happen.

Any government of the consented citizens usually elects people that will influence their futures. I for one, can’t believe I am even thinking this most fundemental way. I never thought it would get to this point in my life (I am 62 and a child of the 60’s, too).

We may be screwing up. And what a wonderful country in the USA we presently have to screw up.

Not too long ago, people voted for representatives in the USA that seemed to promote laws and policies that benefited us, the citizens. The idea is pretty simple. Set up things in America that benefits us all, both now and in the future. And this idea has been both federal, state, and local, like counties and school boards.

And even we have figured out how to try balance things like: too many people in India and China, rainforest destruction in Borneo, and other human environmental type stuff.

What makes sense to me, a voter by the way, is that we can still vote in the USA.

Now I wonder what some of my grandchildren may do when they get to voting age. My imagination is that the idea, when the light bulb goes on, that they have to work a good part of their year just to pay our bills (from today because we could not), will think that a bad deal that they will reject. I would. This idea invites generation warfare, I think. And we USA humans set it up during our times. That’s what our politicians are doing today, I think.

There are other frictions, too. Do we as Americans and our elected governments want to promote capitalism or some other way? Now that is a friction we can vote on.

Much future friction is coming. This idea includes unsustainable debt payments, both interest and the basis debt (hoping fellow humans even will keep loaning us the money). But also we Americans in the USA are also humans that do a pretty good job, as compared to India or China. We are not too shabby. Alas, much friction is still coming.

We are setting it up, it seems. And we have been electing those that are doing it.

No comments: