Translate

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Marriage and middle America

When our elected leaders vote laws that break up marriages for welfare reasons, then we get what is happening now. This idea and history is over 40 years old, and even now dead Senator Moynihan expressed it in his forecasts before he died.

This whole terrible situation has take a long time to brew, so to speak. Just look at our laws, rules, and welfare benefits these days to see what I mean.

What I think we have in America today is like around 2/3 of children born are out of wedlock, like they have a mom, but dad may not be around for the hard stuff, like raising a kid. Now even I have read this applies mostly to the Negros in our America, but when I run the numbers, even this applies more and more to our "other" part of America.

So in my mind, I think that private charity to help our poor and needy is different from the government, be it federal, state, county, city, or otherwise getting involved, constrained by all the laws and rules that abrogate common sense when it applies to the governments.

For whatever it is worth, I live in rural east Tennessee, and most of the poor people here are not Negros. To add, having been a USA Marine, I also know the same thing, that is being smart and hard working deserves promotions, but being lazy doesn't deserve the same. Even I can be hard, like let them (the filchers) die off or be institutionalized if that is what they want.

What bothers me is that those deposed that way to be lazy and live can make a lifelong way of living off of the government dole. Now that grates me knowing they have good skills, but do have other government provided options these days that I think private charity would take care of, like work for food, as an example. Even food banks are involved in my frustration.

Let me say it one more way, there are white people I know who filch off of the poor (both male and female), and they still breed, too.

So back to the subject.

Why don't we elect fellow Americans who devise laws to promote marriage, like having two adults at home to raise their children? After all, raising kids is a pain in the tail, and we all know it.

The quick answer is that we can.

No comments: