Translate

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Good on TVA

Now there is much to be said about our poorly performing governments. I would agree with most criticisms these days.

But in the same vein, an awful lot of Americans are doing a good job providing we common citizens with electricity. One of them is TVA (Tennessee Valley Association), an area I live in. Now exactly where I live gets its electricity from TVA, and "delivers" it to me, at a good price I think, though getting more expensive.

Now having been in the Marines operating in "all climes and places", I really do appreciate those that go out to do repair and maintenance type things when things are cold and miserable. I would do it in the Marines because I had to, but I still did not like doing it. Nobody wants to be wet and cold, especially given bad weather problems, which most know do happen, like it or not. Sometimes it is even pretty dangerous. But many Americans do just that to help get us electricity, and I thank them very much.

Now in these times it even seems that we have elected leaders who want to change things more quickly to their point of view that may be messing with how TVA, and others, have operated in the past. Even decisions about sources of energy that I would probably have made then are being denigrated by this political group's "todays" standards they abide by today.

I have always suspected when they lose electricity, then things will change, but we are not there just yet. What bothers me is do I have to suffer too for "them" to get to that point.

So back to TVA. These may be difficult times for those involved in making electricity for the common good where I live. But I still applaud those that both put up with today's circumstances, and muddle through enough to do a good job.

Even I have lived in day on day off water, and periods of no electricity, so, again, I say "good on TVA". Things here are better than that in late March, 2012.

And these days I make some of my own electricity from hydro power, and given all the maintenance upkeep efforts I do, I truly do appreciate all that TVA, and its fellow Americans do about every day.

No comments: