Translate

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Enough already

Forget politics...how about my quality of life and expectations.

Having lived around the world, I know we have a good deal in our new world USA. The thought of some group messing up all this is, if they do it, is shameful. How naive, though maybe well intentioned and inexperienced.

Even I am making my own electricity, not for any green reasons, but more as a matter of survival. I choose not to have to live like Abraham Lincoln did, but more because I am a spoiled American. And I am paying for it, literally and figuratively. Now our ancestors did OK without electricity, and so can we, though I prefer having it still at even a basic level.

Most Americans expect public electricity on demand, forced air heat, and public clean water and waste water stuff, and food. As a Marine, I don't count on any of this...we have to work together to make it happen. And we have been doing it even in the last half century. Good on those who have and are doing it, today.

So when some group messes up all this, I think "enough already".

Now I don't focus on the past, for my own reasons. Rather I think about our future.

And I fear what the present lightweights in charge might do to my quality of life, way of being, call it what you want. In that vein, I sure hope we in the new world USA can still vote for those who represent us, and have it count. Otherwise things will get really hard, like taking to the streets, or revolution, or whatever it takes to assert ourselves.

In the meantime, I still worry about what the present lightweight federal leaders, and their hired minions, will do, if something bad like a war breaks out in the Middle East, for example, or the Yellowstone caldera breaks loose. Who knows, but mostly they seem to react, vice act. Now that idea suggests both a crummy leader, and his hired minions acting like him.

Now I have both grown up inside the Beltway in DC, and worked there too. To cut to the quick, a lot of hired minions have a lot to do with our future, and that is just not right, like we had nothing to do with them. Our elected politicians hired them...we didn't.

So what do "I" think. It's time in the new world USA for we citizens to take charge of our future.

No comments: