Translate

Friday, July 13, 2007

Rural influence

There are things we learn in school, and things we learn out of school. Watching my 15 year old boy bush hog some of the local food plots for wildlife was both unnerving as I thought he might use the tractor to hurt himself, and my normal desire to do it myself and my way. Even giving him a mission statement with examples did not satisfy my desire for his safety from himself. Well he did accomplish the mission, and by the way, did it better than I might have done. And along the way he lived.

While he bush hogged selected fields, my 12 year old daughter found a baby rabbit, which she is nursing to the best of her ability. Even the yard dogs seem to respect what she is doing, or at least they have not tried to eat the baby rabbit.

None of this took government. Most of it takes my money and time. None of this is taught in school.

No comments: