Translate

Thursday, November 28, 2013

I've made my peace with myself


I've made my peace with myself

            And I'll still responsibly use the Golden Rule, too

·       I'll still submit to a jury of my peers if push may come to shove. If they choose to lock me up, so be it. I still trust a jury of my peers where I live.

·       At age 65, I am more than willing to go to jail for my beliefs and defending my Family and Friends on my land.

·       I have been threatened by the local police for earlier threatening trespassers I caught on my own land. Apparently, trespassers on other people's property  in America have rights, too. And they can complain to the local police, who then came and threatened me on my own land and in my own home. Most of these police came across to me as decent and professional people, by the way. And the trespassers did not return, also by the way. My bee hives and fishing ponds were more protected, in the end.

·       I was grossed out when I read one British government position was that people have human rights to be pirates that cause harm to working and responsible people in the conduct of their own business. That is an absurd position, to me.

·       I was also grossed out when I learned that part of my local County tax payer money (that I pay)  goes towards paying for local County employees to walk an hour each morning. Now most think exercise is good for health and quality of life and reduced insurance premiums, but the way I was raised is that it is the individual's responsibility to take care of their own health while they are alive. If need be, have people pay for their own bad health habits, just don't ask me to pay for the same thing.

·       I've contributed to killing people in combat during military operations for my County, the USA. I have no apologies. Sometimes we have to fight, or so is my own peace with myself.

·       I've threatened and shot at other humans when I thought that was my last choice, usually in defending my own life or property. Often the threat did about the same thing as just shooting, having done both. Sometimes it was as simple as getting Marines to get back into the end of the chow line that they had earlier cut into. Sometimes I just had to shoot people, often just to disable them.  I have. Can you? Talk about making your own peace ahead of time. The classic example is the "Brady bunch" dilemma.

·       I've been shot at, too. Thank goodness for my training teaching me about knowing when the crack of the bullet going by my head is something I still recognize even in my old age.

·       I've been exposed to the killing power of bad people, too.  How about "them" killing Kuwaiti women and gutting them and hanging them upside down naked from telephone poles with their entrails hanging out, for example.

·       If the USA food banks' forecasts are a way to portend our near-term future, then I will have to use the Golden Rule to help my fellow citizens as best I can when they are hungry. Now I have tried before and been abused and embarrassed by some back earlier, and in my mind. So I will use tough love more often in the future, too. Nobody wants to be hungry and wet, period.

·       I once spent a month in Korea during cold times, when it never got above freezing for a month, and I was living in a canvas tent with a dirt floor. And we operated outside all the time, too. So I did it, but can other fellow Americans where I presently live do the same thing, if need be? I believe so.

·       Thieving is already up in the rural area I live in for all imagined reasons.

·       If the governments over me become thieves, I will fight them, too.

·       In the interim, I believe in shopping with my  "pocket book". Apply this idea as you choose. For me, when Walmart started, the "starter" was a fellow named Sam Walton.  He tended to try sell American. Now I believe Walmart where I live tends to try sell Chinese because the price is often so good as to contributing to my quality of life. I also believe President Clinton contributed to this present way of life in America.

·       I am having to fly flags on a local locust pole with various flags on it. On top is the American Flag (3X5)*, then under that is the Tennessee State Flag (2X3)*, and then under that is the local property flag (2X3)*. My intent is two-fold. One is that it pleases me and my own sentiments. Two is that I hope it intimidates the local thieves. I have already been cased once by five young men at 1500 in the afternoon. I threatened them, too, and they left and did not come back. The yard dogs were going, crazy, also. So one does have to defend their property, individual self, Family, and Friends, whether we like it or not. Anyway, I did, and that is how I did it, and when I did it in the USA.

·       So I've still made my peace to help others where I live as best I can. I will use tough love along the way, too. And many are now probably going to die, whether I like it or not. Heck, I may die, too. And many young people are also going to learn about being "draft motivated". But I still believe in also making things better, as best I can.  One old time phrase comes to mind. It follows.

·       Lead, follow, or get the heck out the way.

·       In other words, hard times can lead to a better outcome in the long run, if leaders will lead. And I do not suggest dictating. Politically I think many will say "becoming fascist".

·       I once lived in the Territory of Hawaii, when things like powdered milk mixed with water where usual to me and my brothers. Even my first Christmas Tree there was a decorated twig. But the spirit was just the same. Even we had to wait for a couple of weeks to see Elvis Presley's performance on Ed Sullivan. Apparently, we had to wait for a ship to bring the tapes over from the Mainland back then. And we were just as happy, too. So one's memories can help in making their peace these days, or so is my opinion.

·       I still believe in getting vaccinated. Now I also believe a certain small percentage of people will have an adverse reaction to some vaccines. I also believe, on the balance, vaccinations save a lot of lives. By the way, I also believe that the "small percentage" that have an adverse reaction, including death, is a big number to those affected.

·       Now that I am age 65, I am beginning to believe in Santa Claus, again.

·       So I've made my peace with myself.  And if you do so, you may change your ideas over time, too. That's normal.

 

* In feet

No comments: