Translate

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Are we being exploited?

In my mind exploited means being taken advantage of.

Those running for elected office may not be acting in our interests, like be a representative, but more acting in their interest and intentions. However you think about this, your answer does affect our human future.

This is a worldwide idea, and problem I think. The common theme I read about is "democracy", whatever that means in one's own country, or even my local County in the USA. Even local sharp fellows have tried to steal an election, using computers of course. And all I want to do is have my vote count.

And even politics can be hard ball. Like one method is to impugn your opponents credibility. That has seemed to work in our human past, at least in the USA.

But how about "our" future, not some politician's future?

After all, most humans just want to work, and promote and defend their family's futures. This idea has little to do with "democracy". After all there are alternatives, like tribal leaders; even dictators and royalty. The key point to me is listening to the ruled, however the government sorts out. I am confident all these kinds of governments know how to listen. And some do better than others.

So are we being exploited? I think so.

How are we people going to sort it out? I don't know for sure.

No comments: