Translate

Monday, August 23, 2010

Who wants to be lied to?

Now I think most of us want and expect to be governed. But in the same vein, most of us want to think we know what is going on. The catch is how we humans have evolved, politically at least, and throughout the Earth. And our governments do provide benefits, especially depending on where one lives.

The obvious debate is between the ideas of knowing what is going on vice propaganda. In more USA terms, I think of the idea of really good USA type marketing, which I think is pretty good, especially if you watch TV. Even Google has made this into a good way to make a living. I guess we humans are predictable, as far as marketing goes.

What bothers me in simple terms, is how to interpret those politicians who lie for their own gain. Now that is a moral indignity, at least to me.

So what to think. Most of us expect humans trying to get elected to lie, albeit with some smoothing. But my vote is that we also expect elected rulers to be honest. In this idea is much friction. After all, many politicians at all levels still do their best, which is what most of us count on.

In the meantime, I have to live, to include me and my family.

And in the meantime, I think we will select future politicians who lie less. How about moral standards when ruling us? And all I just want to think about is what is going on. After all, it is me and my family at stake.

No comments: