Translate

Monday, August 21, 2006

Have they no shame

Reporting is a business in the west that embarrasses me.

My eastern friends constantly remind me of this.

Look at the list of reporters at really nifty web sites and I just want to gag. What is their expertise?

That they can write well, are smart, do homework, and are from the west is a given.
Is that it?

And many are on TV, which only amplifies my gagging.

Does reverberation of the news sound like a western experience?

And does the NYT really guide the daily reporting by lazy western reporters, written and TV?

Is anybody doing the old fashioned investigative reporting? Not the embarrassing news, which I want to hear, but also the “news”.

If the regular news does not make money, then that is an argument for citizen/government news that we pay for in order to be informed citizens.

All I seek is a little responsibility, mostly locally.

That the BBC and Reuters leaders have abused their heritage and brought down that which they inherited is shameful. Talk about “killing the goose that lays the golden egg”. Thanks to competition, they will be replaced.

No comments: