Translate

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Who knows what to believe?

I have time to think I know what is going on. And it is tough because of disinformation, sales pitches, old fashioned propaganda, and simple keeping the status quo going.

All of these things I thought we were past here in America; and was I ever wrong. People have changed some in the last centuries as I don’t think we enslave or eat people, though I think it still happens in our world. And those who rely on TV media, poll statisticians, and professional public affairs people are especially challenged.

Here’s a couple of questions I would love to have asked, and answered by leaders at all levels. I still have not heard much.

What are our vital national interests in Iraq and Afghanistan today? I think I know what they were a while back. Can we Americans ever understand and respect our Eastern enemy’s beliefs enough to use them to our benefit? In other words, can we compromise our own principles to achieve our objectives?

Can we Americans consider our own response to being invaded by foreigners? I personally would fight like hell against these invaders, even if I live in a poor place.

Is government a jobs problem, or a way to enhance our people? Do things like police, fire, clean water, transportation, and waste water treatment trump all the other good things local governments do?

Can today’s politicians live within their tax payer’s means, and assign spending priorities accordingly?

I do have my own answers as of today, and the reader may have their answers, to include more questions. Many questions may be local.

Great change is coming. And it is as simple as to hearing the questions and the answers from our elected rulers. A key point is that we vote. The alternatives are poor, as in revolution or banana civil war. Both are human too. USA citizens are better than that, I hope.

No comments: