Translate

Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Senior Citizen House Report


A Senior Citizen House Report

Well, it finally happened to me.

I was in a "nursing home" (I'm home now), though about 1/5 was more a rehab facility to recover from some serious incidents, like a car accident or more. Mine started out as a cellulitis infection that got worse during my episode.

The idea of practicing more diet and exercise had validity in my case. I got sore from using some muscles that I had let decline by age 66. And I have been running or walking for decades.

Anyway, where I was had around 180 beds, with about 150 going to women and 20 going to men. I estimate 10 beds were vacant a lot of the time but really don't know for sure.

Trying to sign up for a haircut resulted in some difficulty. I just did not know the "system" at the time.  What I objected to the most was having to use an in-house "beauty parlor" vice the "barber shop" I had always used. Well I bit the bullet and even went as a Marine. I knew I had more serious problems to bitch about.

I even got my first "shower" in quite a while. 

Things have progressed.  I expected something like the old movie "Shawshank Redemption", but instead had a nice warm shower that even got all my "privates" clean.  Heck, it was even a step above my usual Marine field equivalents,  and somewhat more sanitary. After all, I did suffer from a skin-type infection. And I had sponge baths during the interim periods.

No comments: