Translate

Friday, December 30, 2011

This is a good time to be a political propagandist

After all, you can say about anything, even lie; and more often than not, apparently lazy reporters today will reverberate all this "as news".

If the 24/7 news cycle, or something else, has led "reporting" to this state, then this is not healthy for any society of people wanting to be informed.

Now I also suspect political propaganda has always worked, most recently under the Nazi regime in Germany. But the techniques are alive and well in most advertising today, and even the USA Friday night news dumps.

Now one can vote with their pocket books, which I have done over time. My subscriptions to Time and Newsweek, and all print newspapers, are long gone. Even my addiction to TV channel FoxNews is being abandoned by me do to the voiced ignorance of their newsreaders (cookie cutter blondes and pretty boys) and apparently their producers, mostly in New York City, too.

So as we common citizens go forward in life, how are we going to be influenced in our vote, assuming we can still vote?

I myself am most interested in the facts, and not the opinions of many "reporters" and pundits, who often have their own agenda. As my now deceased father used to say, I only believe 10% of what I read, and 50% of what I see. And all too often, it seems opinions are now published or broadcast as news. Now this is different in the last half century, and morally wrong, to me.

And all I want to do is make an informed vote, locally, state, and federally.

And I recognize that many fellow citizens are too busy working and raising a Family to be informed enough to their satisfaction. But I have the time, and inclination, to be informed, like not having or wanting to take out the time to filter out the propaganda.

No comments: