Translate

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Urban and rural

I moved to where I now live (roughly 700 acres) on purpose back in circa 2002. I used to live in Atlanta, which I liked a lot. And I like where I live now, even when I have to check the hydraulic ram that pumps my spring water 24/7/365. Even my waste water treatment setup makes me happy. I guess I could call myself a post baby boomer hippy type fellow, except I am also a retired Marine and I guess a neo-fascist baby killer according to the image. My present age is 62.

Well I just got back from doing some ditch maintenance and wheel barrow work. My drive way is about ¼ of a mile through the woods, and about every five years the ditches by the drive way need to be cleaned in order to keep the water off the road, as in the driveway road. So bottom line, rake the ditch, and then put the leaves in a wheel barrow and dump all in the woods. This is both brainless work, and hard work.

Now it seems this kind of work is demeaning to most of my local fellows in Monterey, Tennessee. After all it is just ditch work.

So I guess I will have to do it. After all, it still has to be done.

In the meantime, locally I hear if you can get fired from any job (and document it), then you can make a “draw” from the government.

Go figure.

3 comments:

just a marine said...

The above comment translates (I think) as follows: What a great place I must often come ~

just a marine said...

The above comment translates (I think) as: Just like your blog, leave a message and say hi to you

just a marine said...

I think the previous comment translates as: To La ~ first to ask about security