Translate

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Another report from the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee

There are so many people who depend on the government dole, ala periodic checks through the mail, that I am embarrassed. After all these are otherwise normal humans.
The whole setup here is such that many who need checks for their reasons stay by the mailbox on the check day, so to defeat those who raid mailboxes for their own reasons.
And the best intents have failed when I see and observe those who get, like a check for $30,000 from the government, then spend it on drugs vice their families, or savings. Just for me, the children should get some benefit, but that just is not happening up here. And when pills are $80 a pop, then drug addicted parents are sacrificing their kid’s future. And they don’t care.
What a waste of humanity.
And as a child of the 60’s who was indoctrinated that marijuana was a victimless crime, well things have not worked out as most expected. It seems funny that back when the Beatles impacted us, most on the Cumberland Plateau bad mouthed long hair and drug use. Now most do it. Even in the 80’s when I drove an Isuzu Trooper up here, people looked at me funny, like I was some communist sympathizer, even when I served in the USMC.
Like I said, this is just a report.

No comments: