Translate

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

If it is that obvious to me, then it must be obvious to others?

The title suggests certain principles that apply to most Americans, and most likely most of the rest of the world.
They are:
(1) When younger I thought I was really smart with a deserved big ego, until I grew older.
(2) When younger I thought my status quo was normal and assured, as in before, during, and in the future. Then I grew older.
(3) When younger I thought I was rich. Then I got married and had kids and knew I was not rich.
(4) When I was younger, I did not know how protected I was. Then I became a Marine recruiter, and got to meet the rest of humanity. It still hurts my feelings to think only one 1 in 3 Americans in my area at the time were even mentally, morally, or physically qualified to be considered as a Private in the Marines.
(5) When I was younger I confused privileges with rights. When I lived overseas, often in the third world, I began to “appreciate” things like warmth, being dry, western toilets, toilet paper (to include splinter-free toilet paper), and public health and public assistance (like education) that give kids a chance to reach adulthood.

So in this 2008 election cycle certain things are also obvious to me.
They are:
(1) Much of the reporting media coverage I have access to focuses on the federal elections. Yet much of what affects Americans is state and local.
(2) Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama seem to be running for some “world president” position. When they mention using my taxes to accomplish their vision of their future, it is obvious to me.
(3) The American trend to worry about what the rest of the world thinks about us is obvious to me. Also obvious is the complete difference between the emigration trends and what the reporting media says is important to so many Americans. It is also obvious there is a mismatch between the coverage and the reality of having to defend our borders.

So certain questions about our future, and our voting, also seems obvious to me.
(1) Is America’s elite leadership too over-intellectualized? Can we defeat ourselves by being too smart, or too spoiled, or too assuming?
(2) Do we have something to be proud of, respect, and promote? The obvious answer is our Constitution and our constitutional way to change the Constitution if and when we want to.
(3) Do I need to carry a legal gun to protect myself and my family in future America? To answer the question with an obvious answer, yes. As budgets change from basic government functions like defense to benefits, and if not corrected, then it is back to defending ourselves with legal guns, and other legal defenses.
(4) Can we go rural, as in revert to our past? If not, what? Surrender to some barbarinans?
(5) Is America, and our votes, about the USA, or the world? If we vote for the world, then who will defend our American rights that are so obvious to me?

No comments: