Translate

Friday, January 04, 2013


What's going to set off the human stampede?
       Of course nobody knows.
            Heck, there may not be a human stampede...like every man for themselves and their Family.
            And let me define a human stampede. Think about what the grocery store shelves look like as a hurricane approaches. Most food stuffs are sold out with little prospect of imminent renewal.  Think about what the hardware store looks like after a natural disaster. Usually chain saws and generators and flashlights (torches) are sold out. Now imagine what it might be like when electricity and other heat sources go out, either on a rolling black out type schedule, or permanently. Well, you get the picture.
            Even now I read of gun store sales to we humans stripping the shelves as people worse case that the federal government will impose new gun control laws in response to the massacre in Connecticut.
            I've read articles about many of our enforcers, like the police and the military, may not carry out any orders for confiscation of guns from law abiding Americans. After all, laws and orders to enforce them only go so far, and any population has to go along, too. But now I have digressed into the seeds of a revolution, and that is not the point of this post. And keep in mind that we do pass laws, but now going on for decades certain government people announce what laws they will and won't enforce, and now they can reap what has been sowed. What's good for the goose is also good for the gander. Said another way, if they don't won't to enforce a law, then we don't have to respond to a law, either.
            It still amazes me the amount of poor reporting on the fiscal cliff discussion that is reported to we the citizens. To me, much has just been kicked down the road for a couple of months, and then here we go again. Maybe this is like a third world banana republic these days. What a country. Or as my doctor's wife says, what a bunch of sorry politicians. Anyway, I expect much friction that may set off some kind of human stampede. Who knows why or when? But, I still have to live with the consequences.
            Time for a change to me. There has to be a better way.
            So what is going to set off the human stampede? I don't know, but I fear it is coming.
            And if and when it happens, I still have a Family to take care of, and hopefully promote their future. So if the grocery store shelves are bare, and the local hardware store shelves are bare of essentials, then I still have a problem to solve. And I don't count on my local governments helping me in a time of need. Heck, they have their own Families to take care of, too.
            And it is kind of fun thinking about old time western movies as it pertains to grocery stores. I've seen more than a few of these movies, and seldom was there a grocery store in the movie set. Now in my old age I assume most food back then was locally grown, and preserved as best they could back then. I figure we are as smart as they were, and will sort it as best we can, if we have to. That idea applies to water and waste water, too. Think of outhouses. Even my local city did not get public waste water treatment until the 1960's. Up until then we still used outhouses.
            In the meantime, I sure like being able to go the grocery store.
            Now what might be the economic impacts where you live. Of course it depends on "where you live". Kind of like the idea that "it depends on the situation".
            And Lord knows, I sure hope there will not be some kind of human stampede that affects me, too.

No comments: