Translate

Thursday, January 03, 2013


Going down the tubes
       From where I sit, the process has already begun.
            Now whether civilization declines along with the "going down the tubes" argument, that still remains mostly an academic argument.
            Now the progressive ideas of the last century are wonderful, but they just can't pay for themselves. Confiscating the wealth of others is mostly a last ditch effort, to me. There has to be a better way. Like when the well goes dry, then what do we do?
            The "big" shoe will drop when inflation gets so bad that no one in their right mind will loan the federal USA government money to finance itself.
            And to repeat myself from other posts, if the worst case comes to pass, then the new world USA is probably a good place to be. By that I mean both surviving, and having your Family survive.
            After all, we do generate a lot of federal taxes, and I expect federal tax collection will continue in some form or another. Maybe it will even be regional.
            Now I live in an area where people take care of each other, as best they can. So I don't count on the Federal Government helping me. It is the local ideas that will help all of us, a lot, or so I think.  It is often called charity, like we will help each other as best we can. And I am at latitude 36 degrees north, so it gets cold here, too. But I am confident such similar things will happen at more northern latitudes during the cold season, or people will move.
            The pseudo intellectuals who think this will be a good deal in the long run may act differently when their long term prospects decline in their lives. And by that I mean both them and their Families. Said another way, perhaps what we have is not that bad, compared to the alternatives. And even said another way, if things suck, then why not try change them over a longer period of time that is less disruptive to the general populace?  Most are not anarchists, who like to tear down things without any new solution.  Well that time is now past. We're just going down the tubes.
            Even I am having my Golden Rule instincts challenged in my own mind. Like should I help someone who simply has shot themselves in the foot.
            And I grew up in D.C., and personally gained a dislike of reporter Sam Donaldson, widely reported to recently say something like the new world is his world, and for the rest of us, accept it. That statement often goes through my Golden Rule mind, though he lives too far from me for me to probably have to confront him. He can simply die somewhere else.
            And many of my fellow Americans are much like Sam Donaldson, too. And the same Golden Rule debate goes through my mind, too. After all, we all have a future to live through, too. And as best we can.
            Articles like Tina Brown lamenting something that would never happen shed off me like water off a ducks feathers. We all wish things were perfect, but they seldom are as it affects our own lives. Most of us know this. Obviously, some don't. My father used to call such people educated fools. He may have had a point.
            Now there is good news.
            One way or the other, the way we who live in the new world USA are going to change how we are ruled. There has to be a better way. Many of the dinosaurs, often called status quo types, just don't know it right now. That's just fine with me. I am expect much friction in the process, which is normal.
            We will survive, and the times will change.

No comments: