Translate

Friday, December 21, 2012


How to think
       Now my parents taught me well, or so I believe.
            Now it is my turn in the barrel, and here's some thoughts from an email I composed earlier to a friend.
                        Do you know anything about the Genesis Bible, which I think is the first translation of the Bible into English, the second translation being the King James version I grew up on?
Basically, I don’t trust the translators since I did not know them, but am also too lazy to learn Greek or any of the other now archaic languages it was written in order to read the original Bible; and many of the books which were written centuries after Christ lived. So the other books are of interest to me, too. Said another way, not all books are in the Bible as we read it today, like there were other books, too.
 
Hence your opinion is of value to me.
 
Now keep in mind there was also friction between the Catholic version of Bible history and the Gnostic version of Bible history. I always have that idea in the back of my mind.
 
For example, the Catholics created the Benedictine Monks and a language called Ogam as part of their recruiting effort. And there are still some Ogam petroglyphs around here, like within 50 miles of Monterey. The most famous one is in West Virginia.

So my knowledge today of Revelations is what I read and was taught over a half century ago based on the King James Bible.

Last, and right now, I have two copies of the King James version of the Bible, and one version of the Koran. The rest of the religions’ stored stuff is more limited here, but is still here. I even have the HG Wells Outline of History book from 1928, too.

So to summarize, how should I read and study the book of Revelations, today? And a sub-question is: which Bible or book should I use?

No comments: